Are you in need of a tooth extraction? A tooth extraction is a procedure of surgically removing a tooth due to a variety of causes or ailments, many of which are due to poor oral health and the desire to keep your smile as functional as possible. However, an extraction means a period of recovery will be necessary.
The excitement of a better smile awaits with tooth extractions. The key to understanding tooth extraction recovery includes the following:
– Your body has an amazing ability to heal itself, but don’t waste its precious resources elsewhere, so make sure to allow yourself time for rest. If possible, do not get involved with any strenuous labor and exercise.
– Listen to the instructions as instructed by your dentist and follow them to the letter.
– If any difficulties should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Swelling is anticipated in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– Take any medications exactly as delivered by your dentist. If any pain persists, do not increase the dosage, but rather you should contact your dentist.
– Oftentimes the anesthesia will make eating or drinking risky. To avoid choking, do not eat or drink before the anesthesia wears off.
No matter the tooth replacement treatments, you desire, Dr. Gary K. Walden and our team at Family Dental Care is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Bowling Green, Kentucky, please contact us at 270.282.0909 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you soon!