No matter your age, the danger of oral accidents or injuries is always present. Because the last of your permanent teeth grow in when we are only teens, the risks for permanent tooth loss follow us for many decades. However, permanent tooth loss does not mean you are left with gaping holes in your mouth for the rest of your life.
For a better understanding of the basics, listed below are principles concerning dentures:
– Dentures reinstate your full smile, which will make social settings and your work environment more successful, as well as boost your self-esteem and work to promote a positive self-image.
– Dentures are easy to clean because of an easy to detach process that allows for your dentures to be soaked in cleaning solutions nightly.
– Dentures can be fashioned to fill in gaps and spaces left behind by missing teeth. If left unhindered, these voids would be able to cause nearby teeth to shift as well as increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Dentures are intended to replace a single tooth or a few at a time, called partial dentures, or even entire rows of teeth, called complete dentures.
– Dentures can be easily taken out and upgraded or replaced as needed.
– Missing teeth can age your face and make it look weaker, often due to a distorted facial structure. Dentures can fill out your jaw and re-establish your facial structure.
– Dentures can enhance speaking, chewing, and eating skills that have become lost or impaired due to tooth loss.
No matter which tooth replacement service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. Gary K. Walden and our team at Family Dental Care to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Bowling Green, Kentucky, by calling us at 270.282.0909. We look forward to seeing you smile!