If you wish to effectively treat and prevent bad breath, also known as halitosis, it is important to make sure you first figure out what the cause of bad breath is. Once you know the causes, there are numerous activities, lifestyle changes, and habits you can employ to ensure your mouth stands the best chance of effectively eradicating bad breath. Listed below are a few bad breath treatment and prevention tactics:
– After eating, consider using mouthwash to help kill bacteria and neutralize any harmful acids in your mouth that can contribute to bad breath.
– Bacteria caused by plaque buildup is more likely to cause bad breath if it lingers between your teeth and gums for extended periods of time, and must be removed on a daily basis with brushing and flossing.
– Your tongue can often harbor bad breath bacteria, so it should always be cleaned with a toothbrush or tongue scraper.
– Always be sure to clean your dentures every night in a denture-cleaning solution to help keep them safe from the dangers that can arise, including harmful bacteria known for producing bad breath.
– A known treatment for bad breath includes making sure your mouth always has plenty of saliva.
– Avoid unhealthy habits such as chewing or smoking tobacco.
– If you suffer from bad breath, it is important to visit your dentist for routine check-ups and oral examinations.
With bad breath care and the skilled expertise of our team at Family Dental Care, we can make sure you receive the oral health care you need. We can be reached by calling us at 270.282.0909 to schedule an appointment to visit us at our dentist office in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Dr. Brenda Walden, Dr. Gary Walden, and Dr. Andy Walden are here for your smile!