The winter winds have begun to blow once more across the lands, which can mean only one thing, silly snowmen, kid-size candy canes, festive foods, illuminating lights, and gifts galore are on their way! If you have recently lost a tooth or two, now is the perfect time to prepare your smile for greatness throughout the holiday season with dental implants.
Dental implants can replace missing teeth safely, comfortably, and effectively. Here are just a few things you can do to protect them:
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Family Dental Care for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Dr. Gary K. Walden, please call our office in Bowling Green, Kentucky at 270.282.0909. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!